OSD and OSSB COVID-19 CLEANING and DISINFECTING POLICY
[Note: This policy is subject to change pursuant to state, county or city ordinances or new guidance provided by the CDC, ODH, ODE, local health departments or any other prevailing authority]
Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting:
The custodial and maintenance department will implement enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocol that is consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and ODE prevention guidance for educational institutions. We will utilize EPA N-List products for use against COVID-19. The focus of Custodial staff will be on increased high touch area cleaning and sanitizing frequency. Responsibilities for cleaning and sanitizing personal areas will be clearly communicated. Staff will continue to monitor and adjust to conditions as they change.
Areas that will be cleaned, disinfected and sanitized will include public areas, offices, conference rooms, classrooms, lobbies, kitchens and dormitories. Restrooms, stairs, railings and door handles will be cleaned regularly. Disinfectant spray and cleaning tools will be available for staff to utilize to clean individual items and spaces throughout the day.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting will be done by custodial staff all school buildings and dormitories.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting will be done by staff of all school transportation vehicles and vehicles will be sanitized between each use. Cleaning and disinfecting procedures for vehicles will be clearly communicated.
- Disinfectant and cleaning tools will be provided to staff to disinfect high touch points in classrooms, dormitories and other touch points throughout campus during the school day and after school in the dormitories. These include but are not limited to student desks, railings, crash bars, restrooms, doors and door handles.
- If used, the cafeteria will be set up to accommodate social distancing and will be sanitized after each use.
- School clinics will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Signage and communications will be provided in the buildings to offer healthy reminders of best practices.
- Training will be provided for students to offer healthy reminders of best practices.
- Disposable gloves will be available for all cleaning and disinfecting activities by staff.
- Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the campuses to support hand hygiene.
- Disinfectant spray has been supplied to each school building for high volume sanitizing/disinfecting for large spaces.
- Random inspections will be conducted to ensure that proper cleaning protocols are being followed.